Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time for a holiday

Life's a waste of a journey. Sometimes I wonder what's the point? That's actually a good indicator. When you're thinking this way about your life then you're waking up. And waking up means issues. Fucking, loads of issues. Whys and fucking why nots. So, the only sensible thing is to go on a holiday and take some rest and recharge your batteries to go back to sleep. Weird isn't it? You need to stay charged to stay asleep. That's life. 

Most of the time, I don't feel like taking a break. I've even acquired this ill reputation of being lazy when it comes to adventures. But there's a whole different angle there. I'm not averse to adventures, quite the opposite but most of the time, I've much more pressing things to do. Secondly, I don't just get up and go. I go when I feel like going. People are often interested in destinations, mostly too interested and they make worse journeys to reach there. I'm always interested in journeys and don't bother much about destinations. I like my journeys to be stimulating, and that comes only when I'm in a certain frame of mind. Destinations offer little stimulation, it's a temple or a beach or a hillstation. What's there to be excited about? Journeys hold a different flavor. I love travelling on foot as much as I can. So obvious choices are a forest or a hill. Jeez I'm just crazy about quiet places. Barren forests, dark uninhabited riversides, secluded hills. I'm not much of  a crowd guy, and if I have to go on a holiday to a crowded place I sulk big time. Different tastes I guess.

Then there are places that you want to go back to. You know, where you left some memories, some long passed moments that refuse to fade with time. And you being an ass go back to refresh them to relive whatever little you can. I guess that's what an addiction is. You drink or smoke because it makes you feel good although you know it'll kill you but who gives a shit. That hedonist is there in every one of us and some feel its push more than others.

So, I hope I find some time for myself and get away to one of such quiet places. All this fucking bustling of life makes you a little numb sometimes and you stop feeling yourself at times so it's important you sit with yourself a little while and get to know how awful you actually are.

No comments: