Friday, August 28, 2009

Jogging day

I went for jog today. It's been a while since I crossed 4 kms straight, so I thought why not. So, I decided let's pump it up today. I was initially planning to do 5 but decided I'd stop if I get really breathless since I been irregular on the loop. The first couple are always a sucker. I'm always concious of the breathing and try to concentrate so I can establish a good breathing pattern and steady pace. Most people run like a mule the first mile and find themselves out of breath and decide that's their threshold, which is just wrong. Once you get a steady rhythm, you're good for atleast 3-4 km. 

I crossed 3 and didn't break a sweat so I thought what the hell let's push it today. My legs felt fine, lower back was in super shape, calf and feet didn't give bad indications either so I kept on going. You know the great thing about jogging is that it gets a lot of rotting energy out of the system. And somehow I produce energy in bucketloads. If I'm not doing some activity I get all twitchy. Jogging helps me get off some steam, physically as well as mentally. If I keep sitting on my ass, I just go crazy. My concentration time span reduces to a you-know-what. Food becomes less enjoyable - than usual. And all in all, things take a decidedly darker form.

So, after 5 I still felt that I could stretch a bit and kept going. I stopped at 6 kms which is not bad considering that I'm not doing it regularly. Walked back for a mile or so to keep my legs warm and stretched a bit to escape from cramps. I reached home at around 7:30, in a sweat, and did a complete body-stretch to ease off the muscles. Should definately try >6 once a week.

1 comment:

shikha said...

i know whom this blog is dedicated to