Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spanish/South American commentary = Muppet meal

I was watching the Real vs Rosenborg match on live streaming a couple of days back and the commentary was in Spanish. Now, sensibly you should turn the volume off and watch the darn match. But no, I wouldn't do it. Had to listen to the infernal thing. Well, that's because the streaming quality was so pathetic that I couldn't make out who was who on the pitch and when the commentator identified the players only then I got the gist of formation. Anyways, Real was playing freaky, possesion football, a bit like Barca which is really really disturbing to see. Anybody other than Barca or Arsenal playing that way looks weird. I was curious to see what the 200 million pound recruits are doing and sure enough on 20 min. or so Benz scored a good goal from inside the box. 

But just when I was about to applaud the move, the commentator started shouting... Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal, goal, goal, goal, gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll (rhyming along the way). And I was like, what the fuck?! What the bloody fuck?! Since, I've seen South American matches where commentators do this a lot every time a goal is scored I consider myself ably thick-skinned to handle the assault. But don't remember Liga commentators doing this so I was taken aback. The bozo didn't stop though...GOoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal, Benzema, goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaal....I felt a strange feeling of evil that I didn't know existed within me. Had I been in that commentary room, I'm sure I'd have blood on my hands by now. Goddamn fucker crying away goal, goal, goal. WTF! 

If you hear English commentators, they go like...(When the player has hit the ball)Rooooooooney...(Goal is scored)THAT WAS A SENSATIONAL STRIKE FROM WAYNE ROONEY...Twenty five yards screamer...Man Utd seems on their way to victory here...
And that's that. South Americans will sing Gooooooooooooal even when the winning team has scored a fifth goal in a 5-0 drab victory. Nothing about skill about how the guy beat a couple of man or anything, just goal. I mean sock it. 

Real were playing well and soon scored another one and the cretin screamed again. "Shut the fuck up or I'll put a sock in your mouth and score one from behind, you lousy fucking cretin." I was mutterning something to this effect. The monkey kept on going. So, I closed the stream and went back to bed. I closed my eyes and felt sleepy. There was a noise ringing in my ear...goooooaaaaaal.

No comments: