Sunday, April 19, 2009

Certified Marriage Material

Yesterday was one of those days. When you're living as a bachelor with 4-5 other guys there are days when they go berserk and have a blast. And shit starts flying and we all laugh like fucking morons. We were sitting there in the drawing room and me and WL were teasing AK about chicks. Apparently AK has been certified as marriage material. It's official! WL told me when we were on our way to Chroma. How could I let that go? So, when we were back we asked AK about who said it and what did she say, in detail etc. AK went pink, then red then yellow. His face was a kaleidoscope of emotions. Me and WL were grinning so hard our smiles joined at the back of our head.

And then ST came and asked what was this all about. We just told him chicks have said something about AK but were urging AK to open up and spill the beans. He didn't and after a lot of teasing ST finally broke down and urged to finally tell him what's going on. We added some spice to it and dished out. Boy!!! AK was in deep trouble. You would be if girls are coming up to you and telling that you're marriage material. I've had a few come up to me and flirt but marriage material!!! Seriously. You've to be kidding me. 

We asked AK how did he reply and he said - "Nothing they were just teasing me. I didn't reply." It's obvious that he must have given his billion dollar dimpled smile and that chick must have thought, yup, chicken in the bag. Poor girl. We asked - "Did you smile?". And he gave us a sample. We held our heads and asked what do you think you were doing giving smiles when somebody tells you that you're MM? He grinned sheepishly. 

So we were having a normal day. Picking on AK and then the ball started rolling from WL to ST to me finally. But the poor guys get very little material for me. Some girl coming up to me and saying that??? Not a chance. I ain't no AK but there's something else. People don't just come up to me and say the first thing on their mind. They sense that this is a no-mess area. I remember in school there was a rumor that I was a devil's incarnate. For the record, I'm still proud of that title; earned it too.

But when it comes to AK, chicks just drool over him. And why not? He's that kind of a guy too. But that has its dangers too. So we were telling AK to be very careful and not get involved. "Home to office, office to home. No smart moves, no dimpled smiles. You got that?" He said he did. We knew, he didn't. Next day this girl would pass a smile to AK and he'll smile back. Not because he has intentions. But because it's an impulse in his case; his circuit is built that way. I remember him smiling while giving a presentation; with every sentence his smile got broader and broader and finally the instructor asked what's so funny.

But the real drama started when the Vegetarian egg problem started. I thought I'd write about that in this post but it's too long so I'll do it in the next one.

No comments: