Saturday, April 04, 2009

Pony Update...

As I discussed sometime back, which most people didn't take seriously - I'm quite serious about the pony. I've made huge strides towards acquiring one. I haven't seen the barber since last three weeks. Every time I go past a hair saloon, I control this urge to get the load of my head off. My hair are now 4 inches long which is a new personal milestone. The problem is that I need to shampoo everyday as my hair get really rough and wavy if I miss it even for a day.

The sideburns are getting messier by every passing day and one of these days when I'm going to have a bad hair day at office and that would serious send this whole thing packing. The problem is that the hair are neither long nor short. They're kind-of in-between. I can neither keep them tight nor let them fluff. Precarious situation! And the back hair are twisting and turning true Roman style. They get the least attention and are making the full use of it. But it's still manageable, the problem is that I'd be going home next Thursday and I doubt I'd be breaking any ice with these locks of mine.

The other interesting thing is, today ST bought one of those hair clips that guys wear these days. You know the black one with curls that make roads in the hair. Umm, like the one Abhishek Bachchan wore in the Idea add when he was the guide of a mute girl. So, he dangled it in front of me and I asked him to try it out. He moistened his hair and put it on - nice. So, I joked that maybe I can also try it, my Moses act is going to get harder so maybe it can help me manage that. He gave me one of the dismissive looks, like, YOU!!! I guess, I come across as an ultra-conservative, but that's because the conservative look suits me (I imagine it does :) ). It's not like I have a mental block that I can't wear freakish but I don't feel like differentiating on the basis of clothes. That's lame. If you're different then others notice, simple clothes or flashy. [Mental Note: Clothing preferences should be discussed in a separate post.]

So, the game is still on. I might be tempted to keep a high pony, more like GoldenBalls than Boondock. Let's see how that comes across.

No comments: