Thursday, March 05, 2009

I want a pony...

I'm not a style guru and I've never been the one to fawn over fashion trends either, but I do like to have a distinct presence. I hope I don't come across as boastful, not that I give a shit. So all this pony stuff started with the football tournament in college. I wasn't planning to go but Boondock and Anshu Ji swung it around and persuaded me to go. I guess I missed playing an awful lot and there was a lot of steam building in from my inactivity and other stuff. So, it didn't take much to turn me around and make me go. It's football, bloody hell.

So, I was sitting in Comesum at the Nagpur station when Boondock arrived with his 6 inch pony and looking like the true rolling stone that he is. And I can positively say that was when I thought it's about time I should commit to another of my fancies. I've thought about it a couple of times but my hair just don't get the idea of staying straight when they get long. They start flying in all directions and I look like Moses about to part the sea.

So, I've passed this pony thing over for quite a number of times. Of course, if my family sees it they'll have some interesting things to say about it too, for sure. Ma would have a field day and Pa would give me a ridiculing smile that only he can give that makes me feel very humble indeed. Sis would rub her hands with glee and go berserk. Friends would start rolling on the floor and all in all a it'd be a very pleasant experience for everybody but me. So, in a way it's public service that I'm doing. Poeple always complain that I don't give them enough bait for leg-pulling. Ohhh, they'll love it.

But seriously, Boondock looks good with the pony and his black goggles. Almost a temptation for the Mumbai girls, but then Boondock always looks good pony or no pony. The case with me is quite different. I'm already mirror-cracking material; with a pony I'd be the scary thing out of "The Ring". And to manage the locks...geez. Nightmare. I'd look like a german hippie alm collector. Hmm...Well, if it's a german hippie, then so be it. I hope I can go ahead with this, because years of conditioning makes me run to the barber the moment my hair grow longer than 3 inches. Let's see...

No comments: