Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sneaking inside the hospital

ME and AK went to the hospital to check on WL. The problem was that we didn't have any passes. And at 9 at night we can't maraud the in-patient premises. So, we were talking about how to get in. AK said we should split up as the guard would certainly stop the two of us, if together. So, we split up, I moved ahead and sat down in the visitor premises and AK was behind.

There were two ways to get in. The first is guarded and at 10 paces from this guarded door is the lift that takes you in the patient section upstairs. The other way is a little roundabout and not guarded but takes you to the same lift. But since the lift is so close to the guard you need to be careful when taking this way. So I waited for AK to appear; after sitting in the premises for 15 min, I called him up. He was already in. Apparently he just walked past the guard.

I didn't try it because if you fail then the chances of getting in gets very slim. I thought about buying some stuff from the hospital shop and walk straight past like AK; if the guard asks anything I could say I just came down to make this purchase. So, I purchased some chips and just when I was about to make my move I heard my mobile ringing. Old friend called to catch up. So, I sat down and talked for a while and finished the chips.

AK called asking me if I need help. I said I'd be through in 5 min. Now the only way was the roundabout one, through Emergency ward. So, I went in, with a languid, non-chalant demeanor and strolled around to find the lift. It was just a few rooms away. I didn't wanted to wait in front of the lift and be caught by the guard as he'd eyed me at the outside premises. So, I waited for somebody to get the lift down; it was on 3rd floor. A couple of docs passed and I fiddled with my already folded jeans. Finally, a nurse came and as soon as the lift door opened I went for it. While going in I sneaked a glance at the guard who was making his mind to halt me but took too much time.

So I went 20 mins late, AK was smiling smugly at me. Our damsel in distress was feeling sleepy and was asking for a painkiller. He said he'd gone through all the episodes of Supernatural and asked me to bring next ones. I said, sure. So, me and AK left after an hour and came back with the episodes in usb. WL was already asleep.

No comments: