Monday, March 23, 2009

Sennheiser HD 202

[Click image to enlarge...]
I've been starved of music for quite some time now. I used to take really long walks with my SE but it's got horrible earphones; not quality wise, they're Ok, but very fragile. So, I was getting ready for office when I dropped it against the floor and it's head burst open. I was already in a not so good mood and the moment it broke I went all Darkseid.


So, I've been without music whenever on the move and when I'm back home, my old headphones play selective. It has an evil policy of making sounds from one side at a time only. Rehman song's get special flavor with these babies. I don't know whether you remember or not but in that Pappu song, there's a flashing music that moves from left to right or vice versa. When you hear it with these chicks it starts from one side and never reaches the other side. Awesome. What more can you ask for? So all in all, life was getting along excellent till one day I was watching Supernatural and the damn thing got so annoying that I decided to buy a new pair.

Now, I had to buy two sets, one for lappy and one for SE. And presently I don't really have a Sheikh's ransom to spend so I thought to buy a cheaper SE ear-set and a nice headgear for the lappy. I had heard about Sennheiser and thought what the hell, why not?! 

So, I went with ST to get my very own pair. We reached Chroma at around 9:00. We had to buy WL's medicine too so we made a quick deal. I paid through the nose and the guy had it tested on an IPod Touch. It felt pretty ordinary. But the deal was made and I said whatever...

We roamed around to get WL's medicine but couldn't get it after scouring some 9 medical stores. We were swearing at the bloody doctor who prescribed the drug. ST told me about the MR (read - Medical Representative) and the games doctors play. I wasn't aware and was pretty disgusted on hearing this. I felt like tearing this doc's head and do a Beckham

So, we finally had to get this medicine from the hospital. But it was a nice ride, cool wind blowing across the face. We reached home at 11 and I got the chance to plug the beast in the lappy. I didn't discern anything at first but when I heard "Masakalli", I went WOW! I mean I never heard all those instruments in my WWII headsets. I tweaked the equaliser a wee bit and the response was awesome. Set the middle bass a little higher with the treble comfortable for the ears. The sound was coming really smooth. I checked "Rehna Tu" and Rehman's voice sounded so cool it was absolutely worth it. I check a few more. "Jind Sadi" from Bally Sagoo and a few other Punjabi songs; it gave me superb beats. Changed to a few more Rehman...Geez just hear Saathiya on the beast! Tried some ghazals, Udhas, Ghulam Ali and Jagjit, all went well. I don't think you've heard of it but if you get the soundtracks from Age Of Mythology, try it. "Adult Swim" absolutely will blow you away. I played around and felt very nice with the acquisition.

I've installed SRS Audio Sandbox and this is one hell of a plug-in. If you really want to hear something really smooth, check this thing out. Next stop, BOSE... :)

No comments: